RSPCA NSW is currently in the field, providing on-the-ground support in fire-affected communities in the state’s north, south and west. Right now, our priority is ensuring no animal impacted by the bushfire crisis is suffering. We plan to continue our strong presence in these communities and ensure all those who have been impacted by the fires can rely on us to help their animals and their local wildlife.
What our bushfire relief currently looks like:
- Providing veterinary treatment to injured wildlife and pets
- Distributing supplies, including food, fodder, kennels, leads, medication, bowls, flea and tick treatment, cat litter, collars and more
- Liaising with local wildlife groups to increase the number of native animals reached
- Conducting inspector welfare checks on livestock
- Accepting and rehabilitating surrendered animals
If you have been affected by the bushfires in NSW over the past six months and need help providing for your animals, please contact RSPCA NSW.